Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please could any suggest what may be wrong? Getting worried.

(10 Posts)
Lariflete Sat 06-Jun-15 21:28:47

Hi,
My husband had a vasectomy a year ago as we don't want any more children.
I have always had a fairly regular period and have recently had my period (although it wasn't as long or heavy as I was expecting).
I have recently had a number of symptoms that I got when pregnant. I've been feeling nauseous, my stomach is getting bigger (I've gone from a tight 10 / loose 12 to barely able to do up a size 12), I need to pee all the time, I'm constantly tired and been getting a bit of nosebleed.
I've done a home pregnancy test and it's negative.
I've got a healthy diet (I went to see a dietitian today who just said that I need to include more dairy) and I do a lot of exercise.
What can this be? Please give any suggestions as I just want to be healthy!

Clarella Sun 07-Jun-15 08:26:28

I'd honestly book an apt with gp. I think they can do more sensitive tests? A colleague has similar and was one of those women who had bad tummy pain, went to a and e and came back with a baby, very tiny though., possibly as she had no idea and carried on going out etc. She had done tests too. (Though after being pregnant I can't work out how she never felt it moving)

Clarella Sun 07-Jun-15 08:27:24

I'm not suggesting pregnancy actually but to rule it out, and actually check you've not got something else going on eg thyroid.

Lagoonablue Sun 07-Jun-15 08:29:09

Could be a variety of things so you need to see GP. A dietician is t really going to be able to diagnose.

Lariflete Sun 07-Jun-15 09:32:00

Thanks for the replies. I will phone and book an appointment tomorrow. I just hate going to see the GP because they are so busy and I feel like this is a non-problem and my GP just tells me that I eat too much which is why I booked to see a dietician

Clarella Sun 07-Jun-15 10:18:12

Possible pregnancy isn't really a non problem, and needing to wee a lot being tired etc might just need checking?

I've run in to trouble by not 'bothering' the gp even though I have a chronic health condition. I felt unreasonable bothering them when it was first diagnosed (thyroid) and then later on when i wasn't on correct doses. I think they are used to the 'Im not sure if this is an issue but' thing, as well as, if things persist the only way to address potential issues is to keep returning incase they start to notice some common threads/ red flags/ other symptoms that you might not have mentioned.

Last year I didn't mention some things I thought quite minor, they became very extreme over time and a lot of damage was done.

Lariflete Sun 07-Jun-15 20:59:50

Thanks Clarella
I've had my thyroid checked and it is all fine.
I will definitely contact my GP surgery and hopefully book in with the nurse practitioner who can arrange / do the blood tests.

Lariflete Sun 19-Jul-15 19:03:54

Just a very quick update - definitely not pregnant. Had slightly raised CA125 tumour markers so was referred for scan. Scan didn't show anything on ovaries (cyst / mass) but Dr hadn't referred for stomach scan (sonographer said that it looked and sounded like I should be referred for scan on stomach and bowel). Sonographer also said that I'm definitely not just fat, so back to Dr's to try and get another referral and double check that consultant have definitely not seen anything untoward on ovarian scan.

samantha15198 Sun 19-Jul-15 20:26:25

Ok long shot here, I'm not sure whats quieter wrong with me I have a son who's 2 and since I've had him I've had a misscaraige which lead to having a operation to remove it and the lining of my womb its been 5 months and I've not had one single period since? Is this normal?

Footle Mon 20-Jul-15 08:19:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now