Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Viral conjunctivitis

(9 Posts)
Wotsitsareafterme Sat 06-Jun-15 20:21:45

So I've been to the eye infirmary today because my eyes look horrific. VC diagnosed and therefore no meds. I have some lubricant but it does nothing. The eye doc sacked the anti biotic drops the gp gave me.
I feel so poorly with it too and really not myself. All of the whites of my eyes are inflamed I look quite scary.

Any wisdom?

Fayrazzled Sat 06-Jun-15 20:23:28

You have my sympathy. Conjunctivitis can be so so painful. I caught it from my toddler once and I was so miserable. Are you taking painkillers?

Wotsitsareafterme Sat 06-Jun-15 20:26:07

Yes ibuprofen and paracetamol. When it wears off I am stuffed.
I should have put in the op the people staring at me is awful. There's no gunk just severely bloodshot eyes. At work at least it was people I know but today out and about it was strangers I hated it

Wotsitsareafterme Sun 07-Jun-15 10:36:21

Please anyone I'm such wreck

Musicaltheatremum Sun 07-Jun-15 13:06:51

Viral conjunctivitis is awful. Far worse than bacterial and it usually makes you feel very unwell. I would actually take yourself off for a rest and a lie down.

fuzzywuzzy Sun 07-Jun-15 13:10:16

I've had this was awful, only relief I could get was warm compress for eyes, using cotton wool, chucked each time they were used, do not re-dip in warm water chuck each time.

Hope you feel better soon.

Wotsitsareafterme Sun 07-Jun-15 15:54:54

Thank you fuzzy i will get right on with that grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 07-Jun-15 16:19:11

Poor you, it's rotten. I didn't have red eyes at all but they felt like they had sand in them all the time , it took 8 weeks to go and still hasn't properly settled down. Cool chamomile tea is nice to bathe them .

VillaVillekulla Tue 09-Jun-15 11:29:22

No advice just sympathy. I've had VC a couple of times and it was horrible. It does clear up of its own accord but it can take a while. I think GP's advice was to keep eyes lubricated with hypomellose [sp?] drops and have lots of screen breaks if you work with a computer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now