Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need an electric toothbrush for sensitive teeth?

(8 Posts)
artylady14 Fri 05-Jun-15 14:48:32

I need to buy an electric toothbrush designed for sensitive teeth. I bought the oral b trizone 1000 but my teeth were hurting even after I used it. I cant remember what my dentist recommended for me last time? Can anyone recommend one? Thank you

Lancelottie Fri 05-Jun-15 14:51:31

Mine said to get a very soft toothbrush end '- and there's no shame in having Thomas the Tank engine on it'.

Gnome7000 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:29:30

Oral B do sensitive toothbrush ends, I get them from amazon. Much softer and less like a form of torture.

artylady14 Fri 05-Jun-15 22:11:18

Ok I don't mean to be thick but what toothbrush would I get initially? I could use the one I bought and buy an oral b sensitive toothbrush end and it would fit it?? sad

Gnome7000 Fri 05-Jun-15 22:20:19

It should fit! These are them on amazon

hiddenhome Fri 05-Jun-15 23:42:25

Emmi-Dent ultrasound toothbrushes are great. No friction on the gums at all and they clean perfectly. No cheap, but well worth it.

Willdoitinaminute Sun 07-Jun-15 22:57:50

I like Phillips Sonicare they are expensive but very effective.
You could try Curaprox manual toothbrush they are incredibly soft but the filaments are polyester and wear better than nylon. You can buy them on Amazon.
There is also a new electric brush made with silicone by Foreo. They are very new and I haven't tried one yet. The heads last 12 months and you only need to charge them twice a year. I will try and post a link.

Willdoitinaminute Sun 07-Jun-15 23:03:12

www.foreo.com/product/issa/
They do a children's version which has a smiley face when they have brushed for 2 mins and also a frowning face lights up if the brush hasn't been used for 12hrs. Great for reluctant brushes especially if you don't tell them about the frowny face!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now