Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

O C worry

(16 Posts)
40slady Fri 05-Jun-15 13:21:15

hi im after a little support , i have been getting more bloating i feel bit more than usual past few months , i suffer with health anxiety , and ibs
but my doctor on safe side is doing a CA125 blood test , im 43
in the past months iv had so many other blood tests done , FBC liver , kidney , vit , hormones , markers , you name it iv had it all come back normal ,
she felt my tummy said all feels fine so hoping blood test will be to

im still so worried its OC ....any one hold my hand or give posotive advice ...goggled and wish i hadnt ...
thanks for reading

40slady Fri 05-Jun-15 18:51:25

bump

40slady Sat 06-Jun-15 06:38:43

anyone ..

orangeflutie Sat 06-Jun-15 15:36:50

It might be an ovarian cyst causing more bloating. It's unlikely to be cancer. Do you have any pain?

I've had three cysts removed myself and they will do an ultrasound and blood tests. I know it's difficult but try not to worry.

40slady Sat 06-Jun-15 16:41:03

thank you orange , no, no pain , doctor said was doing test to rule it out and to tick all the boxes , as iv had every kind of blood test going these past months , as i have health anxiety and shes been trying to reasure me that a great deal of my issues are anxiety related .
i

orangeflutie Sat 06-Jun-15 17:49:26

I get anxiety too although not so much regarding my health and I know it can be horrible. And of course if you have IBS it's likely to make it worse.

Glad you don't have any pain. Have you had any CBT for the anxiety or meds?

40slady Sat 06-Jun-15 18:52:20

yes having CBT for my anxiety , but missed 3 weeks as problems have come up and me getting there ..
its the bloating that worries me but i do get that with IBS ...?
its also not so bad or big in morning ..but by evening it is ....
my period is due in next few days so thats also not helping im sure also with my anxiety as always bad this time of month ...

orangeflutie Sat 06-Jun-15 19:06:37

Periods have a lot to answer for! Quite glad I don't get them anymore but my anxiety has got worse over the last few years. Think it must be the menopause although my anxiety was usually worse before my periods too.

Obviously I'm not a doctor but it's probably a good sign if the bloating comes and goes. Hope you get some answers soon x

orangeflutie Sat 06-Jun-15 19:12:17

PS I'm considering trying yoga to help me relax as I seem to carry a lot of tension and stress in my neck and often in my stomach as well. I'm prepared to give it a go if I can find the right class. Might be something that could help you too?

40slady Sat 06-Jun-15 19:32:29

yes i hope i do to, unfortunatly havent got blood test for over a week then wait for results ....
yes iv been meaning to try yoga to , anxiety is horrid when it takes hold , i have a good app fro my phone called heaadspace , i do use that when i get time , recommend looking it up its very good for anxiety .

i also move house monday and as if wasnt enough my DH had a motorbike accident 3 weeks ago (off road MX track) and has a slight brain injury which has left him not quite himself forgetful etc ...which will get better but will just take time , he cant drive for 6 weeks ...
so no wonder my anxiety is through the roof right now lol !!

anyway will be busy so try not to google and think to much ...

thank you for replying to me [thanks ]

40slady Sat 06-Jun-15 19:33:42

meant to give you .. flowers x

orangeflutie Sat 06-Jun-15 21:09:02

You're welcomesmile

AtWorkNotW0rking Sun 07-Jun-15 11:55:38

The problem with HA is that nobody here can help you unfortunately. The very nature of the thing means that you constantly seek reassurance and this only works for a short while and then all the usual feelings flood back. I've been there and it's a head fuck .

You haven't got OC. You absolutely know this so its not helping you for others to reinforce this. You need to get some good therapy in place, find some distraction techniques and not post in any threads such as the one that offers support to people suffering with HA. I don't think it's support - I think it further feeds the whole thing.

Start small with things you can build on. A good book to get lost in, a hot bath, a walk in the sunshine. Maybe something from your doctor for the real issue. Please don't try and have more tests etc for OC... You haven't got it

40slady Sun 07-Jun-15 15:44:38

I hear what you are saying atworknot thank you , i do try but when your 'in the moment ' of heightened anxiety its very hard to put all these things into practice i find .
daily battle with my head sometimes today being one of them

40slady Sun 07-Jun-15 19:11:25

bump

AtWorkNotW0rking Sun 07-Jun-15 19:51:41

What are you bumping the thread to hear exactly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now