Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Hand creams for a nearly 8 yo?

(8 Posts)
BathshebaDarkstone Tue 02-Jun-15 16:51:08

DD just came in showing me very dry hands.

What can you recommend?

ELR Tue 02-Jun-15 18:17:17

The best hand cream which I found to be one of the only ones that works for dd now 12 but been using since she was around 8 is the Elizabeth Arden 8hr hand cream it's quite pricy but def works x

YesThisIsMe Tue 02-Jun-15 18:19:49

I'd try Neutrogena unscented first - just as likely to work and much much cheaper if it does.

Stuffofawesome Tue 02-Jun-15 18:21:56

Childs farm lotion from waitrose

TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 02-Jun-15 20:17:42

Aveeno - oatmeal based, so gentle enough for kids, keeps my DD's mild eczema at bay and my own scaly skin more or less human (when I remember to use it.)

Butterchunks Tue 02-Jun-15 20:17:45

soap and glory hand cream is great, cost a fiver last time I bought it (repeat purchaser), non greasy and doesn't stain clothes. I used to work in a laboratory and had dry, frequently washed hands, I absolutely would absolutely recommend it.

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 02-Jun-15 21:00:55

Thanks all, I'm spoilt for choice! grin

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 04-Jun-15 13:02:56

Thanks for all the advice, we're trying Neutrogena, I'll update in a week. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now