Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this normal? Tonsillitis related.

(3 Posts)
Ohbollocksandballs Tue 02-Jun-15 13:55:48

Diagnosed with tonsillitis on Friday (3rd time in as many months), Dr prescribed penicillin. Gradually feeling better, fever seems to have calmed down, throat no longer excruciatingly painful, however I have been getting heartburn repeatedly throughout the day, and since last night nausea, and some vomiting (once last night).

Does this require a trip back to the doctors? Or is it likely to just be a side effect of the penicillin?

Butterchunks Tue 02-Jun-15 15:47:54

last time I had tonsilitis I was very ill after taking penicillin, couldn't keep anything down even with anti sickness meds. Ask Dr for an alternative antibiotic (I got some arranged via nhs 111 at 10pm on a Sat night).

I hope you feel better soon

Ohbollocksandballs Tue 02-Jun-15 16:37:04

Thankyou, I have only been sick the once but just feel very queasy. I only have just under days worth of tablets left so not sure if it's worth persevering as I'm not actually being continually sick?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now