Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you see a doctor?

(12 Posts)
mamaexhaustion Sat 23-May-15 00:27:11

Hi I am just getting very anxious about this and feeling so shit. I have a temperature of 40.2 and all my limbs hurt. II can't move properly and the light hurts my eyes. I have thrown up twice and have got diarrhoea. Im on an immunosuppressive drug and also various others Inc anti depressants. Do you think I need to see a doctor? Sorry if I'm being stupid.

mamaexhaustion Sat 23-May-15 00:44:17

I also miscarried 2 weeka ago.

Miss94 Sat 23-May-15 00:44:46

I think you should definitely seek medical advice. I would ring 111 as they can give you advice. It could be nothing, but with a temperature that high, sensitivity to light and vomiting, I think you need to ring someone as soon as possible. I don't mean to worry you, but I wouldn't want you to get any worse, especially if you don't have anyone with you.

mamaexhaustion Sat 23-May-15 00:46:21

Thank you so much miss

Miss94 Sat 23-May-15 00:50:15

Let us know how you got on. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing smile

Icantstopeatinglol Sat 23-May-15 07:58:38

Hope you're ok. Did you get sorted?

hellomynameis Sat 23-May-15 20:03:42

You should go to A&E. And review the advice given regarding your immunosuppressive drug and infection - if its methotrexate or Azathioprine etc then the usual advice is to stop until clear of infection.

mamaexhaustion Sun 24-May-15 09:46:06

It's viral meningitis so I feel terrible but it's not too severe. I'm on iv fluids in hospital. Thank yout for your help

Lolimax Sun 24-May-15 09:48:05

You poor thing no wonder you felt rotten. Hope the drugs start to work soon xx

FannyFifer Sun 24-May-15 09:56:37

You poor thing, glad you went to hospital & are getting looked after.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

mamaexhaustion Sun 24-May-15 10:11:45

thank you smile

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 24-May-15 11:22:19

Glad you're getting looked after. Hope you start to feel better very soon! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now