Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could I have caused this or not?

(3 Posts)
Aley009 Fri 22-May-15 12:44:00

ok so I have HA. I had an issue with my tonsils , an obsession in fact then this moved to my neck glands where I would check them every ten mins through the way I prodded and poked my neck so much over around 5 days I made it sore to touch, now I've Noticed an enlarged gland which is firm. I've been to the doctors and been referred to an Ent. Is there a change I caused this with the obsessive touching ?

Seriouslyffs Fri 22-May-15 12:49:06

Definitely! I'd put money on it.
It happened to me when I lost a little weight and prodded into existence several granular cysts in my breasts. blush
I was referred for a scan which came very quickly (more worry) and was clear- 15+ years ago.
HA is a pita- is your doctor sympathetic? Can you channel it into something productive?

Aley009 Fri 22-May-15 16:12:43

Yesterday I saw a part time doctor and he was cold he didn't say a lot made me feel so horrible, I'll see how things go one I've seen the Ent but I do plan on telling someone about the doctor I saw, he was awful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now