Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

100 day virus and general rubbish immunity

(5 Posts)
Joneseygirl77 Thu 21-May-15 20:28:34

I'm after some advice as to what to do as I'm at the end of my tether! Sorry it's a long one!

Started with a nasty cold in October which lasted for a week but went away without needing antibiotics. Since then I have been ill every month with viral type illnesses. Ended up back at doctors in Feb as had a wicked cough which was producing green phlegm. Was given amoxicillin and that helped but then following month it came back again.

I've now got it back again. Started with white ulcer on tonsils and is now a bad phlegm producing cough which has lasted for 3 weeks and started with a bad head cold last week. Still got the cold and blowing/coughing up green/yellow rubbish every day. Plus have got a pain in left ribs at the back when I breathe in deeply. Saw my GP on Monday who said it muscle strain and to take ibruprofen. Have been doing that but pain is still there. Just been told it's this 100 day virus which is doing the rounds! Fine but I can't get rid of it and we're over 100 days now!

I am so sick of feeling rubbish and limping on. Know it's all tied up in my crap immunity and I am desperate to start feeling better as I can't go on like this. I'm back at work ft and am in bed at 9pm every night! I'm also underweight (I was prior to pregnancy- down to genes rather than eating issues) and am 1/2 stone lighter than pre pregnancy. I lost weight due to bfeeding my dd till she was 13mo but have stopped that last month.

Please can someone provide me with some quick fix solutions? Willing to try anything now to improve my immunity as can't dope with another winter like this! I have a healthy diet lots of veg fruit.

iamEarthymama Thu 21-May-15 20:34:01

Oh love you, you have my total sympathy as I have pleurisy again, on 4th anti bios since Christmas.

I would get that pain checked out again; I have some scarring from previous pleurisy/pneumonia episodes.

Take CoenzymeQ10 and look up some herbal remedies too. I took turmeric tea last time but also relied on the doctor. Throw everything you can at it.

I hope you are soon well xx

Joneseygirl77 Thu 21-May-15 20:42:07

Thank you iamearthymama- sounds nasty for you too.

I think I will go back to doctors next week if it lingers over the weekend. The GP was quite rubbish and basically said it's viral and they'd only investigate if I coughed up blood it had it for 4 weeks +.

Just had enough now as hate feeling rubbish! Will definitely try your recommendations as need to get better.

Reekypear Thu 21-May-15 21:24:01

It probably whooping cough. Adults don't get the whoop.

Joneseygirl77 Fri 22-May-15 11:21:30

Thanks all. Went back to see a different GP this morning and have got a chest infection so have a 10day course of super strength antibiotics. And told to go back if not right in 10 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now