Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it possible to have thrush in breast when...

(4 Posts)
jenniferjane21 Mon 18-May-15 19:12:14

Not breastfeeding?

I had thrush deep in breast when feeding dc3. So bad that when he was 6 days old he vomited blood - just blood, no milk staining - so we went to A&E.

I have had a very similar pain in one breast over the last couple of days, though I haven't fed for nearly 3yrs now. Saw GP today who dismissed the idea I'd ever had thrush "That's the sort of thing midwives diagnose":-/ Ok, so what did I have then?

So I was sent away being told it's "mastalgia", ie it's breast pain. Thanks, I knew that already. No meds, still have very painful breast and feel a bit confused to say the least......

jenniferjane21 Mon 18-May-15 20:59:04

?

LotusF1ower Tue 19-May-15 14:32:21

See another GP, yours doesn't sound very helpful! Did they give you breast examination? My breasts hurt in the lead up to my period but I can easily identify that pain, I'm guessing you could too. Trust yourself - if the pain feels out of the ordinary than you definitely need a further check up. Hope it either sorts itself or gets sorted xxx

jenniferjane21 Tue 19-May-15 17:59:32

thanks I think I will see another GP.She did do a breast exam so that's something. But as you say, it is different from my normal pretty period tenderness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now