Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My Dad got his voice back!!!

(11 Posts)
Katymac Fri 15-May-15 21:55:35

He lost it about last March & it was the symptom that suggested he had Lung Cancer

The appear to have 'cured' the cancer & he had a procedure yesterday which has given him much more of a voice than he has had in over a year

He had a tiny hoarse whisper now he has a hoarse normal level voice

This is good smile

My Pops is nearly back to normal - his hair is growing in (much darker than it was before) & a side effect of this procedure is that his windpipe is straighter so he can breath more easily too

Did I mention this was a good thing? grin

tobee Sat 16-May-15 00:47:15

Hooray! That's great news for you and him. And how lovely for him to have a child who is so happy about it.

Katymac Sat 16-May-15 09:53:25

His voice was an integral part of him; he was always a communicator and a performer

Mainly as a lecturer or a consultant; but seminars were his thing along with after dinner speaking to have lost his voice was to have lost a major part of him
Thank you

Bunbaker Sat 16-May-15 09:54:57

That's great news. It must be a huge morale boost for him.

LavenderRain Sat 16-May-15 18:59:39

Great news thanks
My dad lost his voice, or rather it was a whisper when he had voicebox cancer last march,
He now is cancer free and has a loud but hoarse voice,

I understand your joy

LaFlottes Sat 16-May-15 19:22:06

Great news! Love hearing positive stories like this. Thanks for sharing.

Katymac Mon 25-May-15 17:03:15

& the op failed so it's gone again sad

tobee Tue 26-May-15 01:11:05

Oh no! Maybe over time it will recover? X

Katymac Tue 26-May-15 08:37:39

No it was a mechanical fix & it's collapsed - so they will have to try something else

tobee Tue 26-May-15 11:07:40

Hopefully something will work. Good wishes to you and your family at this time.

Katymac Tue 26-May-15 14:15:18

Thanks Tobee; he is lost without his voice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now