Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cramp like stomach pain

(4 Posts)
Tubbytimmy Mon 11-May-15 18:41:50

For last few weeks I've had a deep period cramp like stomachache, lower back pain also. Past few days I have also had blood stains when wiping after urinating.

Not pregnant as I have the copper coil and not due my period yet. Is this something I should see the gp about?.

Not majorly in pain but it's pretty uncomtable.

Tia

Bunbaker Mon 11-May-15 18:45:43

It sounds like a urine infection. You need to get a sample of urine to the GP asap. Untreated UTIs can have nasty implications.

Tubbytimmy Mon 11-May-15 23:18:52

Thank you. I will try to get an appointment (which is never easy)

I've no pain or increase in needing to empty my bladder could it still be a uti without those as symptoms?

Bunbaker Tue 12-May-15 06:54:43

If you say you suspect it is a urine infection you should get an appointment fairly quickly.

I have never had one so I can't answer your question, but DD used to get them when she was little and she went downhill pretty quickly with them. She ended up in hospital on a couple of occasions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now