Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could this be appendicitis?

(7 Posts)
lazyhazy263 Mon 11-May-15 16:07:48

Started feeling very bloated and like a hot sensation in tummy on Friday. Been exhausted all weekend burping a lot. Last night (Sunday) a sudden sharp pain in my right flank caught my attention and seems to be getting worse

Floralnomad Mon 11-May-15 16:10:43

Doesn't sounds like an appendix to me but worth getting it checked anyhow as it is getting worse.

lazyhazy263 Mon 11-May-15 17:40:56

Thank you. I was getting myself in a state over Google. Just seen the doctor who has ruled out infection but will treat as back pain

TrueFact Mon 11-May-15 17:45:26

I had similar a few weeks ago, worst pain I've ever experienced, it was gallstones and I'm currently waiting on a scan. Your gall bladder is in the upper right quadrant of your abdomen but it felt like my whole abdomen was on fire.

Threesoundslikealot Mon 11-May-15 17:46:08

A friend of mine with similar symptoms, especially the burping, had a burst ovarian cyst.

ArgyMargy Mon 11-May-15 17:52:43

Your right flank? Are you are horse? What is a flank?

I've had appendicitis - nothing like what you describe. Hope you feel better soon.

FabULouse Tue 12-May-15 10:04:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now