Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diagnose me / is it worth seeing a doctor?

(10 Posts)
HaveANiceDayNow Sun 10-May-15 12:23:34

Hi, just wondering if these symptoms would warrant a doctors visit or if it's a waste of time:

Cold all the time
Frequent colds, coldsores, mouth ulcers, headaches
Fatigue
Crying a lot

I wondered about anaemia - I have the spooned-out nail thingy too. Can I self diagnose for this and just buy some iron supplements?

HaveANiceDayNow Sun 10-May-15 13:05:53

hopeful bump

Bunbaker Sun 10-May-15 13:07:59

I think you need a blood test to get to the root of the problem. A visit to the GP would be a good idea.

NorahDentressangle Sun 10-May-15 13:13:41

I would buy a tonic to take, and try to get out for some sunshine (even through the clouds) and take gentle exercise.
Exercise improves my mood so try to get some.
You sound run down so could also speak to a doctor. But no harm in letting them see you are trying to do something yourself too.

HaveANiceDayNow Sun 10-May-15 13:19:38

Thank you. Spatone - is this the sort of tonic?

tilbatilba Sun 10-May-15 13:26:23

Def see your GP - you need to have a good test and have your thyroid function assessed.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 10-May-15 13:32:12

I would be seeing the GP in these particular circumstances.

I also thought of potential problems with the thyroid gland upon reading your symptoms.

HaveANiceDayNow Sun 10-May-15 13:44:47

It might sound like I am avoiding the GP but I am unlikely to be able to get an appointment outside of working hours and can't really take time off. Might a pharmacist be able to do tests?

Bunbaker Sun 10-May-15 14:36:35

No. You need to see a GP. Most surgeries these days are extending their hours so that full time workers can see their doctor. Perhaps you should consider booking half a day off work to see your GP.

HaveANiceDayNow Sun 10-May-15 14:39:36

Thank you. I will see what I can do. Thank you so much for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now