Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feels like Braxton Hicks but not pregnant

(7 Posts)
thehumanjam Sat 09-May-15 13:27:14

Has anyone experienced this? It takes my breath away. My stomach hardens, I feel winded light headed and need to sit down. Definitely not pregnant. I tried googling but can't find anything.

silveracorn Sat 09-May-15 19:34:22

Is it painful? Does it feel like your body is trying to push out a baby in the wrong direction (up towards your chest)? If so, it could be a gallstone on the move which is the weirdest thing I've ever felt, but can also be dangerous if it gets stuck in the wrong place. Get it checked out.

thehumanjam Sat 09-May-15 20:37:05

It does feel similar to your description that but I wouldn't say it was painful, not painful enough to need to take anything for it. I feel completely washed out and exhausted. Eating a meal makes it feel worse, I feel like everything is squashed inside me.

MiaFarrowsWheelbarrow Sat 09-May-15 20:45:08

Appendix? I had this just over a fortnight ago, turns out it was appendicitis and I was rushed for an emergency op. I thought I had colic and was trying to be brave about it confused.

Best get yourself checked out...

thehumanjam Sat 09-May-15 20:51:35

I'll get an appointment on Monday. Thanks.

MiaFarrowsWheelbarrow Mon 11-May-15 20:02:01

OP, did you manage to get an appointment? How are you feeling.?

thehumanjam Mon 11-May-15 20:37:41

I'm going tomorrow. I felt a bit better over the weekend but not great today. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now