Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cost of lingual braces

(1 Post)
llwynogbach Thu 07-May-15 10:43:55

Has anyone had lingual braces? If so what was the cost, I'm currently having my impacted adult canines pulled down on chains as well as some other impacted teeth on the nhs aged 31. I'm aware I'm really lucky to be receiving free orthodontic treatment as an adult. However the treatment I've had so far has been fairly bad, surgeons forgetting to take teeth out etc and every time I have an appointment I have to wait at least 3-4 months to get the next one instead of 6-8 weeks. I really feel this is dragging the treatment out for longer than necessary, my orthodontist said on Tuesday it could take another 2-3 years!! shock Anyway being the vain person I am I don't think I can wear train track braces for another 3 years, in the 9 months I've had them they have really knocked my confidence and plus I'm graduating from the ou in September and dp and I plan to marry within the next year or so...I don't want braces at these events!! So I was looking at going private and forking out for lingual braces (the hidden ones behind your teeth) has anyone any experience of this? Is the cost as bad as it seems, I've seen prices up to £8000 shockshockshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now