Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Back pain

(3 Posts)
bouncingbelle Tue 05-May-15 22:52:48

I stretched to reach something earlier today and since then have had excruciating lower back pain. I managed to get to my bed but now I can't even stand up the pain is that bad. The same thing happened a few months ago and I spent 5 days lying on the floor until I could move enough to get to an osteopath (had dislocated?pulled? Muscle around my pelvis).

I,ve got a gp appt tomorrow but if it's still like this I have no chance of getting there. I hate wasting drs time but I'm in so much pain and I don't know what to do.

Any advice, anyone???

Maiziemonkey Wed 06-May-15 03:25:10

check out the back thread on here "back emporium", lots of people with good advice and company. make sure you see someone over this tomorrow, sounds very painful, can u ring out of hours if gp is no good? can you take paracetamol and ibuprofen? can be taken same time, unlikely to help but doc will ask what you have tried with the pain. hot water bottle essential too, can be surprisingly effective

bouncingbelle Wed 06-May-15 05:24:42

Thanks Maisiemonkey, I'll check that out. I,ve actually got pelvic pain as well, but not sure if that's related. Couldn't remember which painkillers it was you could take together so cheers for that - paracetamol has had no effect.

The last time I went to my gp with excruciating back pain she said it was "because I was fat". I need to lose two stones admittedly (possibly 3) but I'm not at the stage where I need a crane to get me out the house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now