Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ovarian cysts??

(5 Posts)
susang84 Tue 05-May-15 19:36:10

Last night I started off with what I thought was painful stomach acid just under my left breast. It soon spread up to my collarbone and down my left arm.
I'm 10 weeks postpartum and ebf so called NHS24 to see what pain relief I could take. I described my symptoms and was told an ambulance was on its way because it was sore to breath as well and they thought I had a blood clot.
After various tests (I thought I'd pulled a muscle carrying the car seat lol) the doc thinks I'm either ovulating or it could be an ovarian cyst so should get referred if it doesn't get better.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Does it only happen once a month or can I expect this pain for a while? It's sore to lift my son or really do anything!

susang84 Wed 06-May-15 08:21:40

Oh good, now we can throw vomiting into the chaos too sad

holeinmyheart Wed 06-May-15 08:39:40

I had an ovarian cyst which was supposedly as large as a grapefruit on my right ovary.
The pain confined itself to my lower abdomen on the right hand side and in between my breast bone radiating out like a fan downwards. It wasn't in my arm.
The pain was terrifying. I went as white as a sheet, felt sick and felt a bit demented. However I would recover after about an hour and then not have another bout of pain for a month or so. I suppose the Cyst was growing.

I was so stupid that I had had a few episodes of excruciating pain and didn't go to a doctor as I had never been ill before. I was at Uni when I eventually had a really bad bout and collapsed and my friend called an ambulance. I was operated on that night.
I wasn't post partum. But I hope my experience helps.
As if you haven't got enough on your plate . Hugs

stressbucket1 Wed 06-May-15 09:08:15

Did they consider if it was stomach related? Maybe an ulcer or something? If the vomiting continues with the pain I would go back to be seen again today

susang84 Wed 06-May-15 13:22:19

I think it's just been a one off - maybe just taking all the painkillers which I'm not used to doing. However the pain isn't going away after 48 hours now so think I'll drag myself down to the doc tomorrow if it's not eased off. I just seem to be so tired as well. I slept for 12 hours last night, only waking for half an hour to feed my son (who thankfully sleeps though the night now!)

Thanks for your help xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now