Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long does real flu last?

(5 Posts)
Sazzle41 Mon 04-May-15 14:56:55

For 4 weeks i have had streaming cold, nausea, dizzy-ness, fainting, shivering following by such high temp that i feel like sitting in a bath of ice. I ache all over, even my skin hurts (cant bear a bra). Sleeping for hours but no better as a result. Normal paracetamol stops the aches but doesnt touch nausea and temp up and downs. Lemsips made me vomit. I am on my knees now. Should i go to Dr or just hope it passes?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 04-May-15 15:05:04

Sorry you're feeling so roughthanks I was 3 weeks in bed taking day and night nurse, and really high temp with hallucinations. Managed to come downstairs during the 4th week and that felt exhausting. It took a further two weeks to feel anywhere near like myself again, it was just vile. I remember I took Floridex afterwards as I was so run down.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 04-May-15 15:06:18

Ring the doctor but don't go to the surgery, you'll pass it on.

Musicaltheatremum Tue 05-May-15 20:56:34

You should see GP with this and yes you can go down but ask to sit somewhere away from waiting room if coughing and spluttering a lot.

Itsallaboutme3 Thu 07-May-15 21:27:36

Hi op, just wondered if you managed to get to your gp?
I currently feel as you described in your post and have been for past couple of days, was just wondering when i might start feeling better!
Hope you are feeling a bit better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now