GPS tracker watch for Autistic child

(3 Posts)
Figamol Sat 18-Apr-15 21:29:31

Hi,

Has anyone found a good way to keep a tag on their autistic child who wanders off? Like a v precise GPS wristband?

Its happened a lot recently, a few weeks ago I found my nearly 3 year old 30 metres from the nearby lake. And today I turned my back to deal with DS2 and lost him. Instinct told me he'd escaped, I found him 100m away in a neighbours garden chunnering away to himself right next to their thankfully covered pool. He doesn't respond when called and I just can't get over how close a call that could have been.

The house is really secure theres just this one gap that I never would have thought he'd find that I obviously need to deal with.

OP’s posts: |
fairgame Sun 19-Apr-15 19:30:50

They sell them in fledglings
www.fledglings.org.uk/

I've never used one though so can't advise on how effective they are. Can you use reins? I used to keep DS on reins until he was 6. I used the lighter life backpacks with the rein at the back.

DS is a bit of an escape artist so i would recommend one of these for when yours gets old enough to unlock the doors and let himself out
www.clasohlson.com/uk/Weather-Resistant-Combination-Key-Box/40-8727
I've got that exact one and its brilliant. I lock the front door and lock the keys in the safe. I've had it 3 years and DS still hasn't figured out the code grin

psychstudentasd Thu 27-Feb-20 17:51:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in