Talk

Advanced search

GPS tracker watch for Autistic child

(3 Posts)
Figamol Sat 18-Apr-15 21:29:31

Hi,

Has anyone found a good way to keep a tag on their autistic child who wanders off? Like a v precise GPS wristband?

Its happened a lot recently, a few weeks ago I found my nearly 3 year old 30 metres from the nearby lake. And today I turned my back to deal with DS2 and lost him. Instinct told me he'd escaped, I found him 100m away in a neighbours garden chunnering away to himself right next to their thankfully covered pool. He doesn't respond when called and I just can't get over how close a call that could have been.

The house is really secure theres just this one gap that I never would have thought he'd find that I obviously need to deal with.

OP’s posts: |
fairgame Sun 19-Apr-15 19:30:50

They sell them in fledglings
www.fledglings.org.uk/

I've never used one though so can't advise on how effective they are. Can you use reins? I used to keep DS on reins until he was 6. I used the lighter life backpacks with the rein at the back.

DS is a bit of an escape artist so i would recommend one of these for when yours gets old enough to unlock the doors and let himself out
www.clasohlson.com/uk/Weather-Resistant-Combination-Key-Box/40-8727
I've got that exact one and its brilliant. I lock the front door and lock the keys in the safe. I've had it 3 years and DS still hasn't figured out the code grin

psychstudentasd Thu 27-Feb-20 17:51:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »