Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Prolonged bleeding afet childbirth and baby with lost voice?

(2 Posts)
spikeycat Thu 29-Apr-04 10:33:45

I ended up back in hospital with a uterine infection in IV antibiotics for 5 days about a week after DS2's birth, then took them orally at home for 7 days. However, I am still bleeding. It doesn't smell bad anymore (sorry for that info!) and its not constant but it is red fresh blood - does anyone know if I should be concerned? DS2 is 5 weeks tomorrow. They didn't do a D & C although they were considering one.
On another note has anyone else had a baby that has lost its voice? DS2 is not really a crying baby but he is just making little squeeks now and sounds like he has a v sore throat - any suggestions?

gloworm Thu 29-Apr-04 10:56:04

with my first baby i continued to bleed a little until i stopped breastfeeding ( 7mths).Didnt worry me, just found it very inconvenient.
with second baby it stopped after about 2mths.
I know this probably doesnt help but maybe will put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: