Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Cervical erosion- any experience?

(2 Posts)
TheCraicDealer Sun 15-Feb-15 19:01:18

I have (through the use of Google and past experience) diagnosed myself with cervical erosion. I'll give you a pocket history of my doot-

In 2008 when I was 19/20 I went to the GP with spotting. They diagnosed cervical erosion, switched my pill from microgynon to Yasmin, all grand from there on.

This December I had a chest infection and was generally very rundown. I got little white spots on my labia which, once they cleared up, remained as little papercut-y type cuts. I suspect this was/is herpes, although this is the first time I've had such symptoms since getting together with my boyfriend four years ago. He remains symptomless, apart from suspicious painless spots he had at the start of our relationship, but that's another thread.

Anyway, following the spots/blisters clearing up I had my period by taking the break in my pill. I use a mooncup and I notice that when trying to remove it it was really quite painful as I pulled it down (sorry) my vagina. Like, very painful. Seemed really odd that this came on so soon after the spots when I've never had any issues before.

I had a smear test in January which came back normal, but after the swab was taken I had more spotting. I have since had spotting after sex as well, although not every time.

Basically if this is CE what is the normal treatment for it? Will they ask me to change my pill again? I like Yasmin and I don't want to fanny about changing it to something else. Can I continue to use my mooncup or is that a bad idea with this thing?

I saw sometimes they cauterise your cervix as a treatment method- seems grim, and from what I read on the embarrassing bodies website there were a lot of people who didn't get on with that. Has anyone had any experience of this?

If you've got this far, me and my vagina thank you. I will be going to the GP but don't anticipate that I'll get an appointment within the next fortnight!

Pippin8 Sun 15-Feb-15 21:12:30

I have a CE, diagnosed following post coital bleeding. The Dr told me I'd need treatment (colposcopy). The nurse who had a look when I had a smear said it was moderate in size & looked fine. She said to keep my eye on it & if I kept bleeding have treatment, if not it would be fine to leave it.

All bleeding stopped so I left it and it's been fine. That was 3 years ago. I've just had smear again & she said its still there, still the same. She did make it bleed ++ during the smear so my sample was rejected. But I've had no other problems.

I wouldn't have treatment unless absolutely necessary as I saw it carried out when I was a student & it looked grim.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: