Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

tell me not to be a hypochondriac about heart attack

(9 Posts)
ninetynineonehundred Sun 15-Feb-15 18:00:44

Bloody dr Google

In the car today. Started to feel sick and dizzy.
Then got pins and needles in my arms and legs.
All symptoms went once I was sick but the first Google search for pins and needles before vomiting brought up heart attack.

I'm only 39. Extremely tired after 5 years not sleeping, breastfeeding and hadn't eaten for about 5 hours.

Only googled because of the pins and needles and now of course it's in my head. Tell me I'm being silly.

Haggisfish Sun 15-Feb-15 18:04:14

You're being silly. What have you eaten in last 24 hours? Any family history of early heart problems? Go to gp for reassurance.

Haggisfish Sun 15-Feb-15 18:04:54

And sympathy, too-I fret like this!!

ninetynineonehundred Sun 15-Feb-15 18:10:41

Thanks haggis smile
I'd never normally even think such a thing. That'll teach me for googling.
I'm usually fairly pragmatic.
Numpty
<embarrassed>

Theboxtrollsareallowed Sun 15-Feb-15 19:27:21

How do you feel now? Any symptoms?

ninetynineonehundred Sun 15-Feb-15 19:30:26

Fine now that I've eaten.
Just feel a bit silly

ninetynineonehundred Sun 15-Feb-15 19:31:39

What would cause the pins and needles?
Never had it like that before

Haggisfish Sun 15-Feb-15 20:13:09

If I get low blood sugar I get shaky and pins and needles. You could have just bent squashing a nerve? If it happens again iif go to gp.

Kundry Sun 15-Feb-15 20:15:52

Were you breathing v quickly before you vomited?

Breathing too much (hypereventilating) causes you to blow off too much carbon dioxide. This changes the amount of calcium you hold in your blood and the subsequent low calcium affects nerve transmission and causes the pins and needles.

It's not worrying and rights itself immediately you stop over breathing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: