Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

weird swelling above my knee!

(4 Posts)
nipersvest Thu 12-Feb-15 11:33:16

i don't normally go in for internet doctoring, but i feel a bit of a fraud making a doctors appointment as this doesn't hurt but i have an area of swelling on my left leg above my knee.

it started in november, and since then has been pretty much constant. it changes in size, no pain, have not hurt my knee or anything but the swollen area is hot to touch. my first thoughts are its water retention, but anyone have any other ideas as to what it could be? my other knee is now starting to go the same way.

have taken a pic to illustrate, apologies for the yukky leg shot!

loveyoutothemoon Thu 12-Feb-15 19:45:22

Hi, I'm sorry you've had no replies. You say you have no pain but it's swollen and hot-I would make an appointment definitely.

nipersvest Thu 12-Feb-15 21:28:34

thanks for replying, yes no pain at all, its just really odd that its come from nowhere. think i'm going have have to just bite the bullet and go see the gp.

loveyoutothemoon Thu 12-Feb-15 22:04:57

Good luck. Let us know how you get on smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: