Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Nausea roughly every two weeks

(9 Posts)
Alpacacino Thu 12-Feb-15 00:20:17

I've had sudden onset nausea for more than 10 years - but now it's every two weeks.
It seems to come out of the blue - but I sometimes think 'Oh! I'm feeling pretty good! Not had that nausea thing for a while!' - and there it is again.
I normally don't vomit, but the nausea is bad enough to keep me awake, and I always have a bm at some point.
What could this be?!? Allergy/intolerance? Sensitive stomach? I would really like to get rid of it ...

MagpieCursedTea Thu 12-Feb-15 00:38:59

That sounds very difficult! Could it be hormonal? It springs to mind as its cyclical.

EdithDickie Thu 12-Feb-15 05:29:40

Maybe try a food diary to see if it's related to something you're eating or doing. For me anything high fat within about 2 or 3 hours before exercise = awful nausea for example.

I hope that you get to the bottom of it.

PatterofaMinion Thu 12-Feb-15 05:38:01

I second hormonal. I have had a couple of blissful years free from it due to breastfeeding and now my periods are back, it has returned sad

Thinking of trying the pill, whichever one is the same hormone that suppresses cycle when bf.

Superworm Thu 12-Feb-15 06:21:53

I had transient nausea for years. Didn't think much if it really but it became more frequent and could stop me in my tracks. Sometimes I'd have a BM with it, sometimes it would just pass. I was then diagnosed with coeliac disease and it went after going gluten free.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Thu 12-Feb-15 06:26:40

I have a raft of IBS triggers and get similar symptoms with it. I'd agree with a symptom/food/menstrual cycle diary to try and spot a pattern. I didn't properly identify trigger foods until doing an exclusion diet though.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Thu 12-Feb-15 06:27:45

Oh and standard have you talked to your GP etc! :-)

saturnvista Thu 12-Feb-15 18:19:04

I have this problem too. Cutting out dairy and sugar seems to have helped quite a bit.

Alpacacino Thu 12-Feb-15 21:12:05

Thank you for all your responses! I'm no sure it's hormonal, as I've had this problem whilst on various pills, whilst not on the pill, and whilst breastfeeding.
I've asked the GP about it, but since I have no stomach pains and no vomiting really (but I do go to great lengths to avoid vomiting, as once I start, I can't stop for ages - sorry tmi!). The GP said I should come back when it's actually happening - very difficult to do!
So I think a food/activity diary is the way to go then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now