Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Rectocele

(2 Posts)
Lalalalasee Wed 11-Feb-15 21:17:56

Has anyone else been diagnosed with a rectocele suffered from anal fissures as a result of this? I think I have just discovered what the 'lump' is that I keep telling the docs about but that keeps getting ignored. I had an horrendous high forceps birth 4 years ago. I am supposed to have a fissurectomy but I really want to get to the bottom (no pun intended) of why the fissures keep reoccurring as they do heal but split again easily. Most recent doc mentioned I might have an enterocele which is why I have researched and discovered rectoceles exist (pic on web md looks exactly as I feel). Just wondering if anyone may know anything more. Cheers!

Lalalalasee Sun 15-Feb-15 21:37:26

Anyone? Just wondering if rectocele (basically prolapsed large intestine) could be causing anal fissures. Been suffering from them nearly 5 years and they'd heal but reoccur. I also kept noticing a lump in the perineal area. Having discovered rectoceles exist I am convinced this is my problem so just wonder if anyone diagnosed with a rectocele has been told it is causing any fissures. I do not want to have surgical treatment for fissures if it is not actually treating the cause of them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: