Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Best regular destress activity

(5 Posts)
ChocolateHelps Wed 11-Feb-15 15:02:13

What works for you as the best way to combat stress on a day to day basis? Hopefully something that doesn't take too much time and money!

I've had a really stressful last 6 months and although I feel out of that particular stressful period I have been experiencing Premature Vascular Contractions of the heart....feels like a missed beat followed by a thudding beat....all day every day for the past month. It doesn't seem immediately related my stressful time but I guess I'm after ideas to help me now.

Drs have said best not go running (I had been gently jogging 2 or 3 times a week, 5km in just under half hour) until I've had a 24hr heart monitor which I'm waiting for (2 min ECG showed the PVC's)

I'm fit (ish), size 12, eat well, busy with 2 part time self employed jobs and 2 children in primary school...oh and DH is being made redundant, we get final payoff numbers from HR this Friday
TIA

Ardha Wed 11-Feb-15 16:10:38

Yoga nidra is brilliant for destressing and you can find free examples on youtube.

Its a yoga practice which relaxes both the body and mind, probably takes about 20 minutes.

Better and more reliable than a nap

ChocolateHelps Wed 11-Feb-15 16:18:12

thank you Ardha...that looks totally doable and i really like the idea of You Tube to follow....never heard of Yoga Nidra and was really fancying guided meditation but a bit stuck on how to get started...thank you

anyone else?

MatildaTheCat Wed 11-Feb-15 18:33:36

I've posted This a million times but is amazing and great for aligning the body so helps numerous issues but is also very calming. smile

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 09:29:05

Sorry the Lundy Bancroft book is "Why does he do that: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling men"

Hopefully you found it - I'm so pleased you said you'd read it. The emotional / verbal abuse does eat away at you. One thing I wish I'd done was keep a diary of it all - maybe on your phone if that's safe? Have a think about places he wouldn't look

Screenshot texts etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: