Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Nappy rash type rash on toddler elbow and knee creases

(6 Posts)
Threefourknockonthedoor Tue 10-Feb-15 19:34:51

Hello

13 month old has mild red rash - looks like nappy rash - on the elbow and back of knee creases. Nowhere else. Presume from being a bit hot/damp. Not bothering him. Should I leave or put something on him? Like metanium? It's not improving so feel I should do something. Maybe he's too hot at night? He's in vest, babygro and 2.5 bag in 18 degree room. Temp goes off overnight and back on around 5am.
Thanks for any advice!

justabigdisco Tue 10-Feb-15 19:45:55

Sounds like eczema. See your GP.

justanotherquestion Wed 11-Feb-15 09:41:31

My DS had the same. I thought it looked like nappy rash so tried nappy creams. GP said it was eczema and said it may take a while to go away. He suggested not bathing DS as regularly and using something in bath (although not bubble bath) for eczema. He said it typically occurs in a dry environment, when the heating goes on in the autumn, for instance.

Threefourknockonthedoor Wed 11-Feb-15 14:37:21

Brill thanks x

QuietNinjaTardis Wed 11-Feb-15 14:38:56

Moisturise with aveeno (you can buy from boots or ask for it on prescription)
Moisturise at least twice a day and that should hopefully improve it. If it doesn't see your gp

iwantavuvezela Wed 11-Feb-15 14:39:46

Eczema? Try not to use any bath products, soaps etc until you see your GP. I can recommend the Aveeno bath oil (dr will prescribe it if eczema) which really helped my DD. (Other than Aveeno we use no soap whatsoever) Keep bath water not too hot, and not too much bathing helped us!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: