Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

How long to wait?

(4 Posts)
MTBMummy Mon 09-Feb-15 08:42:45

I went to my GP last week (Wednesday) over a lump that's developed on my forehead.

I was expecting her to say it's a spot or a blocked pore, but she has said it may be cancerous, and she wants to book me in to have it removed. But because it's on my face she wants to try and see if I qualify for plastic surgery to prevent scarring, rather than just going to minor ops. To be honest I just want it gone, so I can stop worrying about what it may or may not be.

How long should I wait before chasing this up, whats the normal response time from a hospital?

It's been hanging over my head all week, and it's driving me potty, but I don't want to be a nag

ConfusedInBath Mon 09-Feb-15 09:22:14

I would imagine your GP will request an urgent referral.
If you haven't heard anything by Thursday maybe ring your GP?

It's horrible when you're waiting isn't it? Hopefully it won't be too long.

MTBMummy Mon 09-Feb-15 09:24:11

Thanks Confused the waiting is awful, I even joked to the GP, that I didn't care about scarring and that if it was really bad I'd just get a fringe cut.

I really hope her good intention of requesting a referal to plastics don't hold up the procedure

ConfusedInBath Mon 09-Feb-15 09:46:04

I'm sure it won't.
But don't drive yourself demented by waiting.
Are your receptionists friendly/helpful? I bet if you rang and explained things and that you are very anxious they will find out for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: