Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Hot red face

(3 Posts)
AlfieandAnnieRose Sat 07-Feb-15 20:20:58

Ok so I don't want to go to the doctor about this but it's really annoying me!
So for maybe the past week or more my face has been getting really hot and red, even purple. it feels like it's burning and it's uncomfortable. It can happen at any time, whether I'm relaxing at home or talking to a friend.

Any thoughts please?!

lookingforsunshine Sat 07-Feb-15 23:24:27

Think we need a bit more information OP. How old are you (roughly)?
Are you feeling ill in any other way?
Has anyone else noticed it/ commented?
Do you suffer with allergies-you haven't just started using a new face cream/ clothes detergent??

I would get it checked out. If you don't want to go to a doctor either go to a pharmacist (they are great for stuff like this and may well be able to prescribe something there and then or tell you if you do need to see doc) or if you live in England, go to a walk in centre.

I'd go to Pharmacicst personally.

AlfieandAnnieRose Sun 08-Feb-15 03:41:47

Hi thanks for your reply. The only reason I don't want to go to the doctor is that it seems so trivial!
I'm in my late 20s, no new face cream or anything. Yes other people have noticed, but only to say I look really well and glowing! Usually I'm quite pale as I had anaemia.
It's the burning sensation that is so uncomfortable and that it happens at any time is why it's a mystery to me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: