Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Lump doc said growth on uterus, hernia...any experience

(4 Posts)
WillBeatFebruaryBlues Fri 06-Feb-15 21:00:24

Asked on chat but not much response. Am so scared....its been there since nov, if not before...but got more noticeable recently.

Very hard. Does anyone have experience of this, I saw doc today and he has of course put me for scan....

WillBeatFebruaryBlues Fri 06-Feb-15 21:00:43

sorry lump is hard.

motherstongue Fri 06-Feb-15 23:20:59

Hello Blues. I have just been diagnosed with a large fibroid on the outside of my uterus. This is a large hard mass. Could this be what your doctor meant by a growth? I had an MRI and an ultrasound. I am personally having a hysterectomy but that might not be necessary for you, your consultant will be able to give you options. If it is a fibroid,and they are nearly always benign, you might not need to do anything if it is not actually causing you any real problems. After menopause, I am led to believe they tend to shrink and just disappear and that around 50% of women have fibroids so not a cause for concern a lot of the time. I found support on another current thread regarding hysterectomy, you might want to have a browse there just for the info really.

WillBeatFebruaryBlues Sat 07-Feb-15 09:52:37

Mother I am so grateful thanks.

I am not really aware of it except when running upstairs or sitting up in bed etc. If it was necessary to remove womb I have had my dc thankfully. will have a browse on that thread. I thought many more women would have experiences of this sort...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now