Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

surely a sore throat should have gone after ten days?

(4 Posts)
SunnySummerDays Thu 05-Feb-15 22:21:12

Is it worth going doc do you think ? My throat is red and sore, my glands had really hurt, but eased off now. No cough or cold really, but I'm full of mucus in the morning (sorry, yuk). Now my ears hurt, and face feels hot. I never get bugs like this!! Thanks

holeinmyheart Fri 06-Feb-15 11:09:00

It is not worth going to a GP as I had a sore throat for weeks and weeks before Christmas. My DCs are GP's and when I said I was fed up and needed something they said, there is a lot of it going around Mother, drink plenty of water, take Paracetomol, gargle with sore throat gargle of some kind and it will go away. It is a virus.
It did go away but it took ages.

Mrscog Fri 06-Feb-15 11:12:00

Are you taking plenty of Otc medication? Ibuprofen/paracetamol etc?

SunnySummerDays Fri 06-Feb-15 20:43:00

Hi, went docs and sent out with a flea in my ear. Just to carry on with the salt gargles, the pills, drink lots etc. Said I felt bleugh, but it's just a virus. Ho hum, thanks for replies though x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now