Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Dad has mass on right lung

(4 Posts)
GlamorousBadger Wed 04-Feb-15 21:51:04

Hi all
I have de-lurked for this. Found out today that my Dad has a 'mass' on his lung. He has had no real symptoms just went for a aneurysm scan which is offered to over 65's and it was found that way. Consultant apparently said it looks like they caught it a good time but does anyone else worry about their parents hiding things from them? Despite being in my 30's! Crazy really..

Anyhow, they don't know if it is cancerous at this stage so need to do some tests. Lung capacity test next week and then who knows..

Not sure what I am after, just a hello from someone who may be going through something similar I suppose. A whole bottle of wine has been downed to try and help..may not be a long term plan...

Halfling Wed 04-Feb-15 21:56:41

Sorry to hear this. Hope someone knowledgeable comes on this thread soon.

Musicaltheatremum Wed 04-Feb-15 22:54:47

My mum had a chest X-ray in 2010 as part of other investigations and they found a lump in her lung. They felt it was caught early. She had her left upper lobe removed and chemo and is fine 4 years later. In November she had a scan for some other problem and they noticed a small lesion in her other lung but they aren't worried about it and don't want her back for 6 months. It's a tough time to go through. My husband was ill with a brain tumour to so a hard time, but he could be fine. Hope that puts a positive outlook on things for you.

GlamorousBadger Thu 05-Feb-15 12:15:45

Thank you Musical. That is good to hear. I think it is human nature to automatically fear the worst. Really pleased that your Mum is doing well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: