Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Convinced myself in dying.

(8 Posts)
WorriedMouse Sun 01-Feb-15 13:44:26

First of all, I'm a worrier and will be seeing a doctor about anxiety as well as other symptoms. For the last few weeks I've been a little constipated and had the feeling of bloating to go with it. I saw a picture on someone's facebook saying it was a sign of cancer so obviously I started to panic but reassured myself as I don't have any mid cycle bleeding ever until this week. The last three nights I've had brown mucus discharge after going to the loo. Now I've convinced myself im dying. Last smear was 2.5 years ago. Anxiety is consuming me.

PurpleWithRed Sun 01-Feb-15 13:56:08

Bumping for you - is there anything that helps you when you feel this anxious?

WorriedMouse Sun 01-Feb-15 14:01:49

Not really. When dh is at home is lessens the anxiety. Will be seeing a doctor first thing tomorrow but can't switch off the fear. He keeps telling me I'm irrational and he's sure everything's fine but it doesn't make me feel any better.

justabigdisco Sun 01-Feb-15 14:20:14

My advice to you, is tell your doctor what it is you are worried about. If you don't tell them then they might not be able to test for it / reassure you which will leave you feeling just as anxious. Don't worry about sounding stupid, GPs have seen/heard it all before!

WorriedMouse Sun 01-Feb-15 14:24:06

Thank you both. Dh is coming with me to appointment so he can help me explain about the anxiety.

mumznet Sun 01-Feb-15 15:04:50

Well constipation is normally from lack of fibre in our diet, so eating things like lentils/pulses, wholegrain bread (one-two slices), and also dates, fruit veg can add fiber. I eat lots of fruit and veg but sometimes stress can also make me constipated. so I try not to worry about things too much. The other thing is not drinking enough water.

So, if you can make changes to your diet and that can be fun too, this can take your mind off things. It's abit like me, I always had heavy periods, spotting etc, had tests done, ultrasounds but everyhthing is normal. The only thing that did help was my diet and no stress and periods and its symptoms improved.
HTH

mumznet Sun 01-Feb-15 15:06:48

also someitmes honey, sugary foods, white flour in cakes biscuits, breads, pizza can make you constipated because your not getting the fiber. so take a look at what you eat. smile

allypally999 Sun 01-Feb-15 15:08:06

sounds like might be a wee blockage (I get them frequently). Try prunes, or beans ... if it is a blockage you might need some Movical to shift it but GP will be able to tell if it is this

stress does strange things to us too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: