Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

More lumps - MIL just finished chemo

(11 Posts)
unhappydil Wed 21-Apr-04 21:24:25

hi, just need a bit of TLC, my MIL who's just finished chemo for breast cancer, has now found a couple more lumps. The hospital are concerned but she has to wait for further tests. I am pretty sure this is not good, my DH is atking ti all really badly and i don't know what to do.

whymummy Wed 21-Apr-04 21:28:43

so sorry inhappydil,i hope is not more bad news
xx

Janh Wed 21-Apr-04 21:33:12

Did she have surgery first or just the chemo?

unhappydil Wed 21-Apr-04 21:33:37

i'm trying to be positive but it really doesn't look good. everyone i've spoken to has said oh my friends was like, was being the operative word

unhappydil Wed 21-Apr-04 21:34:38

surgery first, smallish lump removed but was type 3 cancer the most agresive but wasn't in her underarm nodes

Janh Wed 21-Apr-04 21:46:52

Oh, dear, I am sorry - no, it doesn't sound good BUT the fact that it wasn't in the lymph nodes is a positive sign...presumably she had lumpectomy before? Are they suggesting mastectomy this time? If it is still just in her breasts they may be able to stop it going any further...

unhappydil Wed 21-Apr-04 21:51:27

they've not suggested anything yet need to do more investigating, but one lump is in the neck which is whats worrying, the breast lump isn't as much cause they'd just whip it off

unhappydil Wed 21-Apr-04 21:53:27

my big concern is my DH he's not taking this at all well, pretty much got her funeral booked in his mind, his friend had the same thing breast lump then lump in neck died recently

Janh Wed 21-Apr-04 21:57:27

The neck one does sound worse ...wish I could say something helpful, I'm not surprised he's so worried. You just have to be there for him to rant at I think and try not to take it personally if he yells at you or doesn't talk to you at all. I'm very sorry, u-dil, hope it turns out not to be as bad as you fear.

unhappydil Wed 21-Apr-04 22:01:20

thanks just very worried, don't want my DD to grow up without her

helenmc Wed 21-Apr-04 22:32:28

sorry about the news unhappydil - my sil and bil had huge respect for macmillan nurses when he had cancer. They do offer help for family not just the sufferer, so you could try giving them a call. Hope mil isn't as bad as you think. Hugs to you all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: