Talk

Advanced search

Copper coil 2 weeks ago and feeling horrible

(5 Posts)
MouseandChops1 Thu 29-Jan-15 17:13:08

Anyone else had a copper coil and developed any of these side effects?
Nausea, back pain, feeling faint, bleeding since insertion (no more than normal amount but longer), palpitations on/off and increased anxiety........

Don't think it's a coincidence as I was fine before I had it in. However, I know my gp will say it's not hormonal so it can't be the copper coil. Feel like I want it out but afraid to ask gp as it was only put in.

Anyone else experience this or am I jumping to conclusions! TIA

RainbowInACloud Thu 29-Jan-15 17:15:18

I had mine 2 weeks ago and feel fine. Spotting and mild cramps for a day and that's it. It sounds as if you may have an infection so go back to GP and get some antibiotics.

MouseandChops1 Thu 29-Jan-15 17:21:03

Thanks rainbow, that's a possibility I hadn't thought about as I don't have any temperature or pain passing urine.

Did yours hurt like crazy having it put in? I was surprised by how much it hurt considering I've had 2 children!

noddyholder Thu 29-Jan-15 17:23:32

You can be allergic to the copper Unusual but possible SOme people react to anything 'foreign' in the body

Cozyhome Sat 31-Jan-15 19:31:40

Hi I only had tiny spotting and mild cramps on the day my cc was inserted . However I now have very heavy periods which last a good 7 days.. In which time I have to be near a loo and can't swim/exercise at all for fear of accidents...
I am thinking of getting it removed as it could ruin a holiday for me ......
I hope yours works out for you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: