Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Numbing cream better than emla?

(4 Posts)
Cornonthecob Mon 26-Jan-15 20:04:38

can anyone please suggest a numbing cream better than emla? It's for tattoo removal, at my 3rd session the emla didn't help much despite having it on for nearly 3 hours! Thanks

mousmous Mon 26-Jan-15 20:07:40

no emla is the most effective short of local anasthetic injections

RaspberryRuffle Mon 26-Jan-15 22:59:25

Maybe the problem was the 3 hours? The effect might have been wearing off by then.

I used Emla for laser hair removal and the clinic told me to apply it about an hour before. I had to rub in a thin layer, then a slightly thicker layer but not rub it in, and cover with cling film. I used surgical tape to hold the cling film in place. It was a right faff doing this in the loos in work but it worked!

Cornonthecob Tue 27-Jan-15 06:25:25

Thanks! I has no problem with 3 hours on my first 2 sessions, however she has upped the level on the machine so was actually thinking I need a better cream or to leave on longer?? I do the wrapping too but used packing tape!!

I guess its no pain no gain....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: