Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Blood pressure

(4 Posts)
Ardha Fri 23-Jan-15 18:03:22

whenever I have my blood pressure checked, not sure when the last time was, I am told 'it's lovely', 'perfect' and words to that effect.

Just lately I have been feeling off-balance, even light headed but not fallen over or anything, just a little weird for a second or two, but frequently, throughout the day and for more than a week.

Is this something to get checked out? I have booked an appointment but could only get one for February, do I need to get this checked sooner? I did wonder about going into the surgery and just using the BP monitor they have in the waiting room but, other than giving me a reading for my BP it won't do anything to reassure me.

What could cause this?

574ejones Fri 23-Jan-15 18:23:56

Feeling light headed could be the result of various things, not just blood pressure - anything from an ear infection to low blood sugar. I would get an appointment with your GP rather than try to diagnose it yourself.

noddyholder Fri 23-Jan-15 18:43:20

I wouldn't think blood pressure straight away for dizziness could be ear problem or b12 deficiency I was so off balance with that and giddy it is ok now that I am on the injections. Also depending on age minor heart disturbances can cause that momentary weird feeling

Ardha Fri 23-Jan-15 21:13:33

Thanks, I did have an ear infection a couple of months ago, i assumed the anti-biotics cleared it up.

I don't eat much meat so B vitamin deficiency is also a possibility.

Thanks, will try and get an earlier appointment so I can get some blood tests done.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: