Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Why does my pee smell like sugar puffs??

(18 Posts)
bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 20-Jan-15 14:50:01

It's been like this for a while now, consistently. I have the implant, but not sure that would effect the smell of my wee? Been generally in good health, but very tired- although I put this down to the implant as I heard it can make you feel tired?? Thanks

MoreBeta Tue 20-Jan-15 14:51:29

You need to be tested for diabetes. Tiredness is a symptom.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 20-Jan-15 14:52:50

I had considered that but as I feel fairly well in myself, apart from the tiredness, I wondered if I was just being overly dramatic as I thought with diabetes if be rather unwell?

Skeppers Tue 20-Jan-15 14:53:12

Ha ha! Sugar puff, or 'beefy' wees are common amongst those of us who get dehydrated. Your first wee of the day also tends to be a bit riper too as you've been without a drink for a period of time. Drink more water! It'll help. (speaking as a Sugar Puff wee offender myself- I found that I didn't get this as often when I was drinking plenty of fluids) grin

judydoes Tue 20-Jan-15 14:55:05

I've had this before, several times. I am not diabetic, sometimes It's just down to what you've been eating/drinking.

Get your health checked if you want to though-it isn't nice to be worried about your health.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 20-Jan-15 14:56:35

I do drink loads but have started drinking quite a bit more coffee with sugar in so thought maybe that? Will get on the water drinking and see! Thanks

FaFoutis Tue 20-Jan-15 14:56:59

Do you drink coffee? My wee smells exactly like sugar puffs when I drink coffee.

FaFoutis Tue 20-Jan-15 14:57:33

Good cross-post!

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 20-Jan-15 14:58:44

Haha! Yes ill cut out the coffee I think and see how I get on smile

woodychip Tue 20-Jan-15 15:00:40

I thought it was a sign you may be diabetic....

ehartshorne Fri 30-Jan-15 15:02:03

Hi im new to this site so bare with me. Basically i have just had a missed misscarige at 11 weeks and 2 days and had to have an evacuation of the sack as it continued to grow. So since having the evacuation going the toilet for a wee has become uncomfortable but i have also noticed that my urine has started to smell like sugar puffs. Does anyone no why this may be happening and or weather it may be conected?

TheFantasticFixit Fri 30-Jan-15 15:08:23

Hi ehartshorne

Sorry for your loss hmm. Be kind to yourself through these early days.

Like pp said, it is most likely dehydration, but if you are worried i'd go and have a chat with your GP.

thankswine

Spoonme Fri 30-Jan-15 15:26:27

Ha ha, this made me laugh out loud. Can totally relate!

ehartshorne Fri 30-Jan-15 15:56:25

Thank you fantastic fix it i think i will pop my gp if it continues.

DayLillie Fri 30-Jan-15 17:40:42

Coffee here too!

Phoenixfrights Fri 30-Jan-15 19:25:40

I get sugar puff wee with coffee consumption too. I thought it was just me. Who knew!

KillmeNow Fri 30-Jan-15 19:30:08

I only made the connection between sugar puff pee and coffee after someone mentioned it on a previous thread. Now I take more notice and it seems to be true. Sugar puff pee=coffee smile

DayLillie Fri 30-Jan-15 19:33:58

Of course, it will probably smell stronger if you need to drink more water. I expect drinking coffee and not drinking enough overall will lead to strong sugar puff wee.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: