Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

chest pain when exercising

(2 Posts)
Dappymummy Mon 19-Jan-15 16:36:19

I will make an appointment to go to GP so I am not expecting anyone to diagnose me but for some time I sometimes experience chest pains when exercising (usually on right hand side) Today I was walking fast up a steep hill and experienced a slight pain. It is usually a fleeting couple of seconds and passes it off and I guess it happens when I am quite out of breath. I had a ecg last year for palpitations but everything came back clear. I do seem to injure my chest muscles quite easily as I am very tiny but still lug a 4 year old around a lot. Does anyone else get chest pains from heavy breathing ie muscular or do you think it is more likely something to do with my heart.

Snugglepiggy Mon 19-Jan-15 19:47:30

May be completely unrelated to your symptoms but I was getting short,sharp chest pains and feeling breathless when out walking my dogs.Was convinced I had a heart complaint but ECG was fine but blood tests showed I was chronically iron anaemic after years of heavy periods.I'd got so used to them I just didn't realise how much I'd been bleeding ,or considered anaemia as I had a really healthy diet with lots of the right foods.Hope you get it sorted and there's a simple explanation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: