Talk

Advanced search

Hard pea sized lump appeared overnight next to vaginal opening

(8 Posts)
puddymuddles Mon 19-Jan-15 10:00:33

I am 19 weeks pregnant and a pea sized lump has appeared overnight just at the entrance to my vagina. It isn't painful, maybe just very slightly sore. I am not too worried as I had a sebaceous cyst under my arm years ago which just went away but will mention it to the midwife when I next go. I am told cancerous lumps do not just appear overnight. What does everyone else think and what could it be?

TheSpottedZebra Mon 19-Jan-15 11:40:37

Could it be a www.patient.co.uk/health/bartholins-cyst-and-abscess ?

They're very common and can suddenly appear!

puddymuddles Mon 19-Jan-15 21:58:46

Zebra I think you could be right! It has slightly gone down now but still there. Will mention to midwife if not gone in 2 weeks when I see her but not worry too much. Thank you!

wyamc Mon 19-Jan-15 22:00:21

Sorry, probably TMI but I've had these and they just pop in the bath after a few days.

puddymuddles Mon 19-Jan-15 23:27:39

yuk wyamc Hope it 'pops' soon then!!

Queenofknickers Mon 19-Jan-15 23:43:07

I had one while pregnant and GP popped it for me and gave me antibiotics. All was well.

avocadotoast Mon 19-Jan-15 23:50:56

Yeah, I've had these. They're a bit weird but they will usually disappear. Just try not to prod/play with it as that'll just make it worse!

puddymuddles Sun 25-Jan-15 12:16:26

Just to update it has shrunk to nearly nothing now - it didn't burst!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: