Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Hard pea sized lump appeared overnight next to vaginal opening

(8 Posts)
puddymuddles Mon 19-Jan-15 10:00:33

I am 19 weeks pregnant and a pea sized lump has appeared overnight just at the entrance to my vagina. It isn't painful, maybe just very slightly sore. I am not too worried as I had a sebaceous cyst under my arm years ago which just went away but will mention it to the midwife when I next go. I am told cancerous lumps do not just appear overnight. What does everyone else think and what could it be?

TheSpottedZebra Mon 19-Jan-15 11:40:37

Could it be a ?

They're very common and can suddenly appear!

puddymuddles Mon 19-Jan-15 21:58:46

Zebra I think you could be right! It has slightly gone down now but still there. Will mention to midwife if not gone in 2 weeks when I see her but not worry too much. Thank you!

wyamc Mon 19-Jan-15 22:00:21

Sorry, probably TMI but I've had these and they just pop in the bath after a few days.

puddymuddles Mon 19-Jan-15 23:27:39

yuk wyamc Hope it 'pops' soon then!!

Queenofknickers Mon 19-Jan-15 23:43:07

I had one while pregnant and GP popped it for me and gave me antibiotics. All was well.

avocadotoast Mon 19-Jan-15 23:50:56

Yeah, I've had these. They're a bit weird but they will usually disappear. Just try not to prod/play with it as that'll just make it worse!

puddymuddles Sun 25-Jan-15 12:16:26

Just to update it has shrunk to nearly nothing now - it didn't burst!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now