Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can anyone recommend a cold treatment like Day Nurse or Beechams...

(7 Posts)
mummymummypony Sun 18-Jan-15 17:49:15

I need something to relieve my cold symptoms this week as I have an incredible amount of stuff to do and cant really afford to be ill. I'm also starting a course of swimming lessons this week to help with rehabilitating my very bad back and I've paid for it myself so really don't want to miss my first lesson.

I have never taken any cold relief medicine beyond Lemsip as a child so not sure which are the best ones to take to get through a busy week. I would really like something that would help relieve my symptoms so I can swim this week as I desperately need to start sorting my back out.

Panzee Sun 18-Jan-15 17:52:04

Anything with paracetamol and a decongestant will be fine. Chew some Vit C tablets too, they will give you a lift. Have some baths and drink lots of fluids.
My favourite is Lloyds Pharmacy cold relief tablets, but I think they are all virtually the same.

Feel better soon smile

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 18-Jan-15 17:52:19

Day Nurse and Night Nurse are my cold remedies of choice. Lemsip is good too.

mummymummypony Sun 18-Jan-15 18:19:54

Thank you! Panzee and Middle.

Sods law that I would be ill this week.

I've managed to find a late night chemist so I think I'll give Day Nurse a try.

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sun 18-Jan-15 18:25:16

Ds has had a flu/headache/fever/cough/evil sore throat/stomach ache/vomiting since Wednesday (his teacher's well pissed off as I've kept him at home). I've been rotating ibuprofen, sudafed, tyrozol throat things and making sure he rests and has plenty to drink. I can't do any more <bashes head on the wall>

mummymummypony Sun 18-Jan-15 18:50:38

Lady I'm in the same boat, except for the vomiting. I kept dd off of nursery for the end of the week and luckily she has been better since last night. Its been potato and chicken soup, hot chocolate and tixylix for her today. I'm hoping a warm bath and lots of cuddles before bed will get her through tonight. She only recovered from an 8 week long flu virus three weeks ago. Sometimes you just have to keep them off, and I'm surprised the teacher is pissed off because its a flu that is really doing the rounds at the moment. I hope you DS feels better soon flowers

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sun 18-Jan-15 19:00:02

Thank you, I hope you're OK thanks It's a nasty one. Just make sure you rest and have plenty to drink/paracetamol/ibuprofen. I'm debating keeping him off tomorrow too, he can't function without being dosed up and he'll just spread it around. I'm tempted to call and complain about the teacher when I call in sick for him tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: