Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Help me choose a method of contraception

(2 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Sun 18-Jan-15 16:49:22

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow regarding my low mood and anxiety. I have a 10 week old baby and after an initial bout of really bad baby blues things started to improve.

However, my symptoms of sadness/lonelyness/depression have suddenly got worse over the last few weeks. Today I realised this probably coincided with starting Cerelle (AKA cheap Cerezette). Could this have caused my dramatic drop in mood?

I'm breast feeding and really want to continue this so my only option for a contraceptive pill would be progesterone only right? Which makes me think they will all have the same effect.

Similarly, the coil, inplant and injection are all progesterone only too right? Which means they could make me depressed also.

So does that mean the only options left are condoms or the diaphragm??

Please tell me there's another magical form of contraception out there that won't drive me crazy!!

Rollercola Sun 18-Jan-15 17:12:32

I had a very similar experience with Cerazette itself, within days of taking it I felt terrible - incredibly anxious, panicky, tearful. It was horrible.

I swapped to Noriday which is still a progesterone-only mini-pill but I'd taken it before and was ok. It was much better, no real side effects at all. Might be worth a swap?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: