Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Vaginal changes

(3 Posts)
Lorinicholas Sat 17-Jan-15 22:31:26

Hello everyone,

I have a slightly odd question and I've never heard of it during pregnancy. I'm around 3 months pregnant with my first child, and tonight whilst getting intimate with my partner, he had noticed my clitorus had changed to a dark purple colour. Is this normal?!? There's no pain or swelling, just the colour change. Has anyone else had this symptom, if so is it normal or should I see my GP?

Thanks! smile

donkir Sat 17-Jan-15 22:42:32

It's very normal. You have 10x the amount of blood in your body when pregnant. When your aroused the blood flows to that part so because there's more blood it will be a different colour.
As you get further along in your pregnancy you might find it changes position too. I can no longer get pleasure from being on top as my clitoris has moved higher with my ever stretching skin.

Lorinicholas Mon 19-Jan-15 11:51:49

Well there's some odd things your body does during pregnancy! Thanks for clearing that up.. Just wanted to make sure it was normal! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: