Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone with experience of a hip arthroscopy?

(2 Posts)
WhenMarnieWasThere Thu 15-Jan-15 21:50:50

I'm on the waiting list for one due to long-term problems with my hip. I'm wondering if anyone had any experience of having the procedure and would like to share how it went, what the recovery process was like, if you've had any side effects etc.

My provisional date isn't for several months, but the consultant wants it brought closer as it's been nearly a year since he first saw me and he thinks that they should be trying to get me sorted before the year has elapsed since then. The booking people think it should be in the Autumn, which would be a year after he officially wrote to say he'd put me on the waiting list.

While I'm waiting for a date, any experiences that people are happy to share would be welcome. I appreciate that the procedure is quite rare for the hip (much more common with a knee for example) and a bit more complicated.

WhenMarnieWasThere Sat 17-Jan-15 21:15:50

Hopeful bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now