Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Broken Foot

(6 Posts)
Size6feet Mon 12-Jan-15 20:10:48

I have been given one of those big boot type things to wear as I have broken two bones in my foot. Do I have to wear it in bed as well?

toomuchcoffeetoomuchwine Tue 13-Jan-15 19:09:11

If you mean a metatarsal boot then no, only when you are weight-bearing on the injured foot.

twilight81 Tue 13-Jan-15 20:29:49

Do you mean an airboot? You pump it up once you've velcroed it on.
Take it off for bed, can you weight bear? I've just had 15 weeks non weight bearing due to a broken foot... Mine was crushed by the wheel of a carsad
Still in my boot when im ou

twilight81 Tue 13-Jan-15 20:34:01

Meant to say when I'm out and about.. My phone posted too soon.

Size6feet Sun 18-Jan-15 12:34:36

Hi. Thanks for your replies. Its a hard plastic boot with lots of velcro straps.
I can weight bear, just about. Didn't need crutches.
I've ended up keeping it on in bed as it keeps the weight of duvet off it.

Twilight That sounds very painful. Hope its healing well.
Toomuchcoffee I don't know what they called it. I wasn't given much information either. Just told to find a shoe that matched in height for the other foot.

So far I have discovered 'upstairs and downstairs on my bum' and a bag on a rope over the banister to transport things.

Draylon Mon 19-Jan-15 22:18:43

Rig up a bed frame to keep the bedding away from your lower leg. You don't see them any more in hospitals but ideal for sore feet! I'd've thought it would be good to let some air get to your whole lower leg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now