Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful Pea sized bump on back of neck, just below hairline.

(10 Posts)
NoonarAgain Sun 11-Jan-15 18:33:20

Dd is 12 and has a lump as per thread title. She is going to dr tomorrow for an unrelated matter, so will ask them to look.

Any ideas?

PotteringAlong Sun 11-Jan-15 18:34:07

Spot? Cyst?

NoonarAgain Sun 11-Jan-15 18:36:55

It's def not a spot. Could be a cyst I guess.

Annietheacrobat Sun 11-Jan-15 20:36:37

It could be a little lymph node.

NoonarAgain Sun 11-Jan-15 21:02:47

I think it is a lymph node. There is one on her scalp that's lumpy too. She has a terribly bad infected ingrown toenail. Hence trip to dr's tomorrow. Taken me a while to figure they may be linked!

NoonarAgain Sun 11-Jan-15 21:05:03

Could that be the cause?

noblegiraffe Sun 11-Jan-15 21:10:49

Yes, sounds like a lymph node. If she's got an infection, they'll almost definitely be linked.

NoonarAgain Sun 11-Jan-15 21:12:52

Thanks, I just googled and it seems the groin would be most likely place for the swelling linked to the toe nail infection. Could the neck be linked to the toe??

noblegiraffe Sun 11-Jan-15 21:17:15

Swollen lymph nodes in the head/neck region can be caused by nits....but it's probably the toe thing smile

Usual advice is to keep an eye on it and it should disappear within a week or two. If not, then docs.

Annietheacrobat Mon 12-Jan-15 06:53:50

unlikely to be related to the toe infection but probably nothing to worry about whatsoever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now