Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it actually impossible to get my hands on a spermicide?

(9 Posts)
Reastie Sat 10-Jan-15 19:22:48

Went to FP clinic last month to be fitted for a diaphram. Doctor gave me a prescription for spermicide but said she thought there may be a problem with getting hold of it after a supply problem. This seems to be the case and I can't get the prescription for the spermicide anywhere. They don't know when it will be back in stock and it seems to be out of stock for quite some time.

According to FPC Doctor there is NO other spermicide I will be able to get my hands on.

So, this can't be the case can it? Where can I get it? Help! Diaphram is 'better than nothing' without it according to FPC doctor, but I need more protection than that!

dementedpixie Sun 11-Jan-15 10:21:43

I can find Gygel stuff online but it isnt that cheap

health.thcampbell.co.uk/Search.aspx?name=gygel - dont know the shipping charges though

dementedpixie Sun 11-Jan-15 10:29:49

that is the cheapest I can find it as it is double that price on most of the other sites

Reastie Sun 11-Jan-15 12:24:57

Clicked on link demented and it sent me to a page where it was out of stock sad

Honeydragon Sun 11-Jan-15 12:38:45

I used to order it from the States, was cheaper and quicker.

dementedpixie Sun 11-Jan-15 12:49:15

amazon has it but it's about £18

Reastie Sun 11-Jan-15 13:27:20

Interesting honey

Thanks demented have ordered that from amazon.

Honeydragon Sun 11-Jan-15 13:50:32

You can get two Gynol II delivered from Amazon.com for £28, for example.

And that stuff nukes sperm from twenty paces.

Reastie Sun 11-Jan-15 15:40:21

And that stuff nukes sperm from twenty paces

^ That's exactly what I need wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now