Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Verrucas have gone black!

(5 Posts)
saltedcaramelicious Sat 10-Jan-15 18:35:41

I've had two verrucas for as long as I can remember. Bazooka did nothing.

Found advice to put a cotton pad soaked with apple cider vinegar on the verruca and tape/plaster into place and leave on overnight. Leave to air during day.
9 days later and both verrucas are now black confused does this mean they are nearly zapped and will fall off soon?

lavendersgreen Sun 11-Jan-15 09:01:55

Not sure what the turning black means salted, but I got rid of mine very quickly (after having it for months) by painting over it with nail varnish.

Within a week it was dead and came away - good luck.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 11-Jan-15 09:07:28

Ds has only had them once (5-6 on each foot when he was doing swimming lessons) and we used bazooka. But they did turn very black before falling off a few days later.

fusspot66 Sun 11-Jan-15 09:14:43

Lucky you. In the normal course of things, that means they're on their way out. I don't know what cider vinegar does to their appearance. Itchiness is a good sign too.

saltedcaramelicious Sun 11-Jan-15 11:57:00

Not really itchy but they are a bit sore to walk on now which never even happened when they were 'living'.
Glad that blackness means they're on way out. Must resist poking and prodding....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now