Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental Insurance?

(4 Posts)
marellocherry25 Wed 07-Jan-15 22:55:25

Hey there,

I currently live in London and my Dentist charges £270 for a check up and hygiene appointment 2 x a year. Can anybody recommend a good dental care scheme? A lot of the ones I've looked at seem to only cover a fraction of the charges so don't seem economical. I don't have any fillings or many tooth issues currently but finding a dentist here is a nightmare hence me ending up at an expensive private place.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 07-Jan-15 23:02:30

I'd try again to find a more reasonable dentist. We've got a very good one (oop north though, not London) who is way less than that. We briefly tried dental insurance about 20 years ago (Denplan) and rapidly came to the conclusion that it was a complete rip-off.

FriedSprout Wed 07-Jan-15 23:04:34

Hi, I'm with Denplan and pay £24 a month. That includes twice yearly check ups, hygienist when required.
I have needed the occasional filling and normal run of the mill things. The only things I have to pay extra for is anything deemed purely cosmetic.
When I broke a tooth when on holiday at other end of country just rang emergency Denplan number and trotted along to nearest Denplan dentist. Never had any issues (crosses fingers)

marellocherry25 Thu 08-Jan-15 11:01:26

Thanks ladies! Dentists down here are just extortionate sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now